Friday 8 February 2008

Worst defence of the day

The Archbishop of Canterbury has attracted widespread criticism after appearing to back the adoption of some aspects of Sharia law in the UK. Dr Rowan Williams said the UK had to "face up to the fact" some citizens did not relate to the UK legal system. I don't think you need me to point out how unworkable/loony that is.

Bishop of Hulme, the Rt Rev Stephen Lowe, criticised the "disgraceful" way in which the archbishop had been "ridiculed" and "lampooned" by some. Now here's the back handed compliment: "We have probably one of the greatest and the brightest archbishops of Canterbury we have had for many a long day," he said. No argument there.

Part of my world domination plan involves having Lambeth Palace as my house, this is currently occupied by Dr. Rowan Williams. I thought I was going to have to work hard to bring down the Church of England to take over the place. Seems I've at least got Mr Lowe on my side.


Lambeth Palace is the collection of about six buildings in the foreground, nice view.

From the river:

Dickens described Lambeth Palace as 'quaint' which just goes to prove what an inarticulate hack he was.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

I think still having an Archbishop of Canterbury is sort of quaint.