Thursday 28 February 2008

Highlight of the week


As part of my irregular series celebrating those that bring joy to my life (see Coffee post) I'd like to take a moment to thank from the bottom of my heart the great and glorious employees of ShortList magazine. I don't know about NY but here we're bombarded with hundreds of free publications while getting on and off the tube. There are no less than four daily newspapers (Metro, London Lite, London Paper, City AM) and many free weekly magazines. ShortList is Thursdays treasure trove of delights and is not only easily the best free magazine in the world, but possibly the best magazine in the world. This weeks highlights include Celebrities' Crazy Spends (Saddam Hussein's palaces at no. 1), Ten Biblical Plagues on the comeback trail, The ten shortest wars and The 10 Weirdest Japanese Inventions. All of it for free, FREE!! Mwah ha ha! I literally look forward to it all week long, but by some curious mental acrobatics then forget on thursday that its being published and practically hug the guy handing it out when I see him. Best of all you can read it online (http://www.shortlist.com/), its not the same but if you choose not to live in London then thats the price you pay.

No comments: