Friday 8 February 2008

Meus alarmus non-functionatates est

I was half an hour late thanks to my new alarm clock (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HF3461-Wake-Up-Light-Alarm/dp/B000VI7K2C/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1202464477&sr=8-1) turns out light isn't really enough to wake me up. Although I definitely think this is a case of a bad workman blaming his tools. I expected that I could go from the 45 minute struggle against indolence and death, while my phone beeped seemingly from another dimension, that was my morning routine to being gently licked awake by squirrels and George Clooney. After the half hour 'sunrise' I chose the sound of gently twittering birds to wake me up which had the unexpected effect of lulling me back to sleep. Monday I'll have to use the most intense light setting (today was 16/20 ... some apparently photophobic reviewer on amazon says she only needs to have hers on six) and have the beeping noise on its highest setting as the last redoubt.

I'm still expecting a vast improvement in my quality of life

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

Where does he get those wonderful toys?