Thursday 27 March 2008

Mana from the Maldives

My friend Deborah just quit her job and went for a two week detox and relaxation break in the Maldives. She came back slim and tan. Luckily she also brought me presents so I don't have to spend the rest of the week hating her. She brought me fisherman's trousers for me to do yoga in and this dried fruit that you boil and leave to cool and then drink the liquid. Meant to be detoxing and very beneficial. Had it this morning and it was really tasty - very fragrant and tasted of tropical fruits and coconut. It would help if I could put the name but its not avaliable over here and even the mighty google is stumped.

So nice getting gifts from people who've been on holiday, means they were thinking about you while sunning themselves. Great gifts too, I have something of an obsession with trying things I've never consumed before. Its not very often you come across a plant/vegetable that you have absolutely no experience of eating so I get a little frisson of pleasure every time I do. What's a better gift than that?

UPDATE: Called Debs, the fruit is Matoom(?!)

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

Ok, well. I'm allowed to hate her all week. She didn't bring me shit.