Thursday 27 March 2008

Grrraaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Just trying to book a flight to NY online (thats right, I'm actually doing it) and filled in about 600 forms on Opodo only to be blocked from the site as my IT department coniders it to be 'dangerous'. Never mind, I thought, I'll just book straight through the Air France website (AF! how exciting ... 'what's in there?' 'ca c'est la poubelle madame' 'yep, we'll have two of those') and got through to step 678/679 or something only to find that as part of that step I had to enter my passport number. WHY! No terrorist in the world is going to be defeated by an on-line booking system, just poor saps like me who don't need their passport to travel to work everyday. The illusion of safety.

If I actually get to book this it'll be the second flight I've booked in a week. It's like Ratzinger volunteering to officiate at two gay weddings in a week. Planes, evil. Actually planes are awesome, its the flying in them that sucks. Or rather, I guess, the horribly random way in which they crash. Although, having said random, have you ever noticed that planes always seem to come down in threes? Hasn't been one for a while, I'm willing to bet that next time one comes down (PLEASE not end of July/beginning of June) a couple more will swiftly follow.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

As I am flying next week please shuddup shuddup shuddup about ashcraying. I don't want to even hear the word.

Scary.

So glad you are coming to visit.