Monday 31 March 2008

Charmita!

Had a lovely and charming weekend. Went for dinner a la Amy France on Friday night. She cooked a veritable banquet; Chilli fried squid and chicken satay to start, malaysian curry, noodle salad and rice for main and some frozen dessert who's name escapes me but it had saffron in. It was all so delicious, especially the noodle salad. Rice noodles, scallions, chilli etc etc good sauce ... I'll have to get the recipe. Made me think I should be a bit more adventurous in my asian cooking. I eat asian food every single day but its always exactly the same, why not mix it up a bit? Beef Rengdeng in Brunei was my first ever curry addiction and I should celebrate that I think rather than eating Thai curry everyday ... although obviously now it would be tofu rengdeng. Mmmmmm. After much drinking/shouting/dancing and general merriment (a particular highlight being Henry showing everyone the stiches on his newly circumcised penis, thanks for that) I got a cab round the Brick Lane flat at about 3am and passed out there.

Spent Saturday watching movies (Michael Clayton, good, There Will Be Blood, over my head) and drinking white russians. Party for Brittany's birthday in the evening. Was quite the decadent scene that I'm sure you can imagine for yourself, close, but now with more Smirnoff Ice, now you've got. Ended up getting really rather drunk, collapsed around 5am and then threw up til 3pm Sunday (thats the charming part of the weekend I was referring to earlier). Managed to eat Subway without throwing up at some point in mid afternoon (Wholemeal bread, veggie patty, toasted, cheese, all the salad, no green peppers, no jalapeno, mustard/mayo AMAZING) and that was pretty much the extent of my activites as the clocks went forward an hour and I nearly died. Its days like Sunday that remind me why I gave up drinking for so long.

On a more sombre note, Lizzie rented Big Business, I was so excited about seeing it, then the DVD wouldn't work. Terrible.

Here's a picture of Nancy Reagan. Just because.

She's the Posh Spice of politics.

UPDATE: Amy's dessert was a saffron and orange water semi-fredo. Fancy.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

Lord above I love Big Business. When Lily Tomlin tells the guy that she is watching him and then shakes her enormous bracelets at him to make rattlesnake noises. This is pure actorly genius.

GENIUS.

I want noodles.