Monday 17 March 2008

Charlie Bartlett

Another movie post, saw Charlie Bartlett on Saturday night/Sunday morning (I was drunk, it was 3am, I didn't make the end). Really enjoyed it even though its the sort of movie I try my hardest to hate. Its too easy to write a script about rich, eccentric, wise beyond their years chracters and the hilarity that ensues when they interact with the real world so I set a very severe standard for anyone who attempts it. 'Charlie' was good though, Robert Downey being very hot (why do I find people more attractive when they have drink problems, WHY?), the car of my dreams (1970 Mercedes Pullman) features very heavily in it and the main guy ('Anton Yelchin' according to imdb, but I have my doubts about the existence of such a name, particualrly in association with someone who expects to be famous) was great and very funny. I rewound the audition scene several times and recommend doing the same. NOW.

No comments: