Thursday 3 April 2008

Moment of sadness

For the last week or so the guardian of the automatic door that leads into our office building (receptionist? Porter? Concierge?) has been away on holiday. His replacement was this really smiley and nice black guy, probably not that much older than me. Every morning he'd have a big grin and say 'morning sir' and I'd be all 'Dude, what's with the 'sir', man. I'll think you're talking to my father, call me Bill'. Not really, I of course said 'How DARE you talk to me, stop making eye contact this INSANT' and swish into the lift. Not really, I'd say 'Morning'.

Unfortunately today sees the return of the guy who normally does the job: a pot-bellied 50 year old Scottish guy with one eye who smells of booze and yells at me every morning. He also imitates my public school accent. I miss you replacement nice guy.

No comments: