Thursday 3 April 2008

Crazy-boss-lady make Buffalowilliam eat steak

Yesterday there was a desperate need to get some contracts posted off to France for a deal my boss was working on, as I mentioned yesterday she was not in the office, and in order to expedite this someone needed to go round to the printers and pick up some shareholder circulars that we were having made up. This was at 5, so I volunteered IMMEDIATELY thinking I could run this stupid errand, get out early and go meet Lexi for a drink. I'm given three envelopes and have to get 6 documents, 2 different kinds, one for each envelope. Go to the printers, put documents in envelopes, post envelopes. I'm getting out my phone to call my secretary to tell her its mission accomplished - its 5:20, I'm headed for the wine bar, I am a Golden God - and just as I'm pulling it out it rings, it's my secretary. Apparently big boss lady has called and wants me to bring the documents back to the office so the other lawyer who's been working on the transaction can check them. Poop. But fair enough since the deal was worth £3.2billion, or something equally as ridiculous, and we don't want any printing errors now do we? So I go back to the printers, get three more copies of each and head back to the office.

I get back to the office and hand over the documents to be checked. It soon transpires that the lawyer isn't going to read through the documents and that what actually had to be checked was that the right pieces of paper had gone in the right envelopes!!! That's right, she doubts my ability to put paper in an envelope to such an extent that I require supervision. So I was 45mins late for drinks and safe in the knowledge that my boss thinks I have the mind of a three year old. STUPID BITCHY.

So I meet Lexi for drinks in Daley's wine bar by the Royal Courts of Justice and end up going for dinner with her, her boyf, Aimone and Caroline. We went to Gaucho which is this chain of upscale Argentinian (who'd a thunk it) steak restaurants - its a chain in the same way that Louis Vuitton is a chain, there's lots of them but they're still nice. I've always wanted to go as a friend of mine is OBSESSED and this seemed like as good a time as any to check it out (I was drunk and angry). We had seafood cerviche and empanadas to start and for main I had the fanciest steak they do cooked rare. First time I've had beef in MONTHS and what a way to remember how good it is! I normally get my steak done medium but, having shared hibachi with a friend of mine who ordered the steak rare, I've realised its the best way to go. All the food was outstanding, including the popcorn on the bar and these little balls of freshly baked cheesy bread pre-meal. Yum, yum, yum. Service was also great. Will I be going back? Hell no. Bill was £60 each, I could eat off that for a month. How to celebrate spending so much on dinner? By buying a cigar of course. If you thought having to stand outside to smoke a cigarette after a meal sucked then you should try it with a cigar.

No comments: