Monday 14 April 2008

Life resumes

Behold the tragic, traumatising but inevitable return to work. Had a week off in the company of the Saint and enjoyed it all immmensely. Its all a bit of a blur because I have no short term memory to speak of, didn't blog once during the week and was pretty consistently hungover throughout. There was definitely drinking, eating of curry, flying to Scotland, performance charades, crazy old lady in a dungeon, discussion of weddings, drinking, superflat bagels TM, chewing of tobacco, consumption of sumptuous dinners (I some how managed to eat like a king while avoiding having to cook), endless stairs in the Tower of London and much laughter and shouting. Now, however, its back to a world where I can't spend money aimlessly, where food has calories and my actions have consequences. The real world. boooo

Not only am I back at work but the other paralegal in my office is away so I'm stuck with double the work. She's away becuase her mum has been diagnosed with cancer and she's gone to look after her. Obviously this situation is far more upsetting and more of a problem for her than it is for me but this blog isn't about her its about me. ME ME ME ME. Should go join the gym today. don't want to. Although it is full of men. By the end of this week I'm going to be back on the gym/cycling/yoga/vegan train and I'm not disembarking til June 20th (maybe I'll bounce off a station platform when I go to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks). Doesn't matter what order it all happens in or how its achieved but it will happen! Maybe gym tonight and cycle in tomorrow.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

Stupid real world.

I hate you.

HATE.