Friday 23 May 2008

Busy busy bee

I've acutally been really busy this week, sort of. I've been busy cause I've been sent on errands out of the office which has meant that I've sat down at my desk at about 3 o clock. However, as the errands involved taking documents to destinations all over London on my bike I've spent most of my work week on my bike in the sunshine, so its basically been a holiday (cycling tour of London? Pretty fancy holiday from that side opf the pond). Plus the documents should've been dealt with in a day, but these things are never as straight forward as you think they're going to be. I won't go through the whole saga, but just give an example from today: had to get a document stamped at the UAE Embassy. For some reason this costs £400, I cycle over there and discover you can't pay by card so schlep off to the nearest cash point. It says my credit card is broken (no office credit card, I have to pay and claim it back!) and can't be read and I can only get £250 out on my swtich. The Embassy is closing in 20mins, so I have no choice but to head back to the office. Cost to client £300, achievement 0. Been like that all week, shouldn't complain as its basically been my dream 'work' week but it has meant that I'm behind on blogging, MSN chats and my internet gossip.

For instance the fact that I went two days ago to get soup dumplings went completely unremarked (YUM YUM YUM) and I've barely got time to mention how rubbish the new Indiana Jones film is, which I saw last night. Its really not a difficult job to make a movie that meets my low expectations of entertainment - I've seen Alien versus Predator at least three times, not because I'm a sadist but because I think its a genuinely enjoyable movie. The fact that Indiana Jones made go 'God that was rubbish' shows how low the franchise has sunk, Brittany thought it was worse than 10,000 BC ... bit harsh if you ask me but she's not 100% wrong.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

Nooooo, I have a $50 bet riding on that film.