Tuesday 6 May 2008

Actual fun

Having survived a few days of bored rain watching and misplaced anticipation I then embarked on some actual fun over the weekend. Spent time with mum on saturday afternoon wandering round the shops in glorious sunshine. Later on I cycled over to the BrickLane flat to pick up a pair of trousers I left there which I thought had my switch card in. My switch card was not in them. I cycled 12 miles for a pair of trousers. Plus I picked up my suit from there this morning and found my switch card in my suit pocket, so I could've got it. Grrrrr. Anywho, went home showered and waited for Andrew to arrive. Then we went over to the house mum was staying at (short walk across the common) where my brother was having a buffet/party for 5 or 6 of his friends. Got there and mum was absolutely plastered (arrived at 9:30, dinner was at 7:00) and spent the evening drinking and smoking with her and Andrew while everybody else went off to Infernos (ugh). Sample of my mum's conversation 'There was this time when I was going out with this Portugese bullfighter and I hit my head on a cupboard in his flat and had a concussion for three days. The doctor told me to stay in bed but I was so bored I went out and got drunk a lot instead, I was so concussed I don't remember anything about all three days'. That's mum for you.

Sunday I hung around the house and made curry before heading up to Stoke Newington in the afternoon for a barbeque that the Minges were having. Was fun, although the longer I was there and the drunker I got the more old and inappropriate feelings for Andrew resurfaced and I ended up sneaking off about 11pm without saying goodbye. Went round the Brick Lane flat which was in full party mode and ended up staying up til about 3am pounding beers and having a great time.

Monday was cinquo de mayo and after a morning of sitting outside in the pub enjoying the sunshine we re-camped to the roof of the Brick Lane flat (which has an amazing view of the city) and sat up there drinking beers, doing tequila shots and eating nachos. Lizzie's friends came over as well as a few of the usual suspects and in general a good time was had by all. The evening consisted of Vindaloo, Werner Herzog's new movie White Diamond (good) and a movie called Teeth about a girl who has teeth in her vagina (you can imagine). I also watched Southland Tales which is the new movie by the guy that did Donnie Darko. I thought Darko was TERRIBLE, really pretentious, seemingly full of hidden meaning but in fact meaningless and jumbled, poor characterisation and a film that wasn't sure what it was trying to be. Southland Tales confirmed my opinion of Richard Kelly (thanks IMDB!) ... possibly the worst film I've ever seen (so says a man who has seen Gigli 5 times and Swept Away) and this was in spite of the fact that it had Sean William Scott (future husband), the Rock (HOT!), Sarah Michelle Gellar (love her, well, love Buffy) and Bai Ling (speaks for itself) playing some of the major roles.

Back to work today. I will not cry. Well, not at my desk anyway.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

How can you hate Darko? We need to take a good long look at our friendship now. Let's do that on my deck with margaritas in about 45 days or so. Yes?

My office is fucking freezing.