Thursday 18 June 2009

Monday morning you sure looked fine

Monday I was still reeling from Saturday and determined to get back to normality. However, it turned out it was James' final exam so I met him and Brittany for 'a' celebratory drink at 4:30pm. Ended up dancing on tables screaming along to Whitney Houston in a gay club at three o clock in the morning. The Monday night clubbing crowd is a scary crowd. Believe me. Slept over at Brittany's on Monday and Tuesday started off with a restorative breakfast of Nandos. Finally got home in the afternoon to find my whole life a disaster - clothes everywhere, food going off in the fridge, alfalfa mouldering in its sprouter, wheatgrass seeds festering on my floor, piles of laundry, smelly sheets (weird since I'd barely slept in them), e-mails unanswered, phone calls missed and blog completely ignored. So ever since I've been trying to get things back on track. Went for a lovely dinner party at Craig's last night (Danish meatballs and Melodiafestivalen, can't get better than that) and he's been going to boot camp classes four times a week! He's also not had a drink for 8 weeks. Reminded me that until relatively recently I'd been similar and had prioritised gym and health over booze and falling down. So I'm determined to get back on track. Having a lovely curry at the moment and then tomorrow its back on the Paleo diet, back to the gym and bye bye to booze. I'm too old to drink anyway. I always though I looked like crap the next day because of cigarettes, but I haven't had a cigarette for weeks (I know, right?) and I still looked about 36 on Monday. Look! This is what you can achieve if you concentrate on life rather than booze (Craig's dessert):


No comments: