Sunday 7 June 2009

Lots

Haven't I been a bad blogger.  Dear me, lots to report.  The Sunday following the last time I blogged I had a picnic in glorious sunshine on Clapham Common, wore some extremely short shorts.  After everyone came back to my house and we had drinks and nibbles in the garden while getting ready to go out.  In the end Henry, three Amys, Craig, Doig and myself went to the 2Brewers on Clapham High Street EXTREMELY worse for wear.  I didn't realise that by the third drag queen one of the girls was lying on the pavement outside the club waiting to be carried home by everyone else.  Amy Murray and I stayed until 3 am.  I was so drunk that even though we left the club together we manged to get separated almost immediately in the street.  I ended up going to sleep on the common right on the busiest paths.  Eventually a guy woke me up 'Are you all right mate?' 'I'm FINE, I'm just waiting for my flatmate'.  Eventually stumbled home to bed.

As you can imagine the next couple of days were something of a write-off.  Had a wondrous evening Tuesday night though.  Went shopping all day with Debora and then went to Battersea Park to walk her very cute Miniature Jack Russell Pepe.  Such a nice Park - winding gravel pathways, a restored Victorian Sub Tropical outdoor garden, an island, tree lined roads.  Gorgeous.  We'd bought along some weed to get stoned in the Park because it was such a nice evening and this is where we ended up smoking:


Where Debora's bag is is where we were smoking and where the bright lights are there was a ... I shit you not ... reggae band playing.  So nice, bats flying overhead, duckings in the pond in front, reggae music.  Can't ask for much more!  Rest of the week
 was uneventful until Friday when I hosted book club at my house.  No one had read the book as it was changed last minute so really it was just a drinks and nibbles thing with general discussion of any books we'd read that month. Was lovely.

Last Sunday Brittany's brother Johnny arrived for two days on his way to an internship at an engineering firm in Mozambique.  Hadn't seen him since he was 14, now he's 22.  It's weird that I'm that old.  Many pints were had on the Sunday on Brick Lane and it was such a nice day I crapped out on a BBQ I'd agreed to go to.  Bad boy.  Alcohol soon eased the pain, especially after we played Kings on the roof of the Brick Lane flat - here's the view (with Johnny):


and we ended up getting Vindaloo at cinnamon.  We then went to the restaurant owners car to get high.  Got stoned and drove around the dodgy back streets of east London with the windows down, the new Eminem album BLASTING out of the car, smoking joints and all at 2am.  Was one of the strangest nights of my life, very surreal.  Ended up cycling back to Brittany's VERY drunk and staying the night.

Monday we did the best thing you can do in London and just wandered round for 6 hours enjoying the buildings and the sunshine.  Swung by Buckingham Palace, stopped off for lots of pints - us in Covent Garden:


had some Moroccan food in Soho.  Ended up at the John Snow pub drinking big bottles of organic cider with lots of ice with Harry and his friend Alexa who lives in Clapham, has just broken up with her boyfriend, is a nutritionist and a yoga teacher (I accidentally typed 'Yoda', teach you she will).  So I think I may have found my new best friend (he says, eating crisps). Finished the evening off at the Friendly Society, basement gay bar where they have barbie dolls stapled to the ceiling.  So I think Johnny got a taste of everything London had to offer

On Monday I had a picnic with Amy, Henry and Doing in Govesnor Square outside the American Embassy.  GLORIOUS sunny day.  Cycling around Mayfair cause I was there 25 minutes early.  Lovely picnic, great to see everybody.  Amy had to go back to work, Henry to the gym and Doig shopping (it was a day off work for him) and I pootled around on my bike then came home.  More to say to bring things up to date but I think I should probably post this before it becomes too big to fit on the Internet.

No comments: