Saturday 13 June 2009

Food or no food?


Had a great night last night, Henry organised a Mexican themed gathering at his house to watch the entire series of the Rachel Zoe project. Any excuse for the gays to have a party. I made chilli and we also had chilli prawns, seafood salad, nachos (OBVIOUSLY), guac, salsa and tortillas. In typical fashion we ended up spending hundreds of pounds and catering for tens of people for a 'quiet night in'. Also had tequila slammers, margaritas, Corona and tequila sunrises (see above). Drank steadily so although I was definitely over the limit by the end of the evening I wasn't too smashed. Rachel Zoe project was really good - she obviously has all the depth and personality of a petri dish but she was surprisingly nice and obviously obsessed with fashion. I expected her to be a cynical manipulator but it seems like she at least really enjoys what she does. Although I'm not quite sure what she does - her husband is her business manager and her assistant Taylor does most of the work. It seems like she just drifts in at the last minute (giant Starbucks by her side) and points at things. Although obviously, like everyone in the fashion industry, she finds everything VERY STRESSFUL.

Much hilarity was to be found in her overly botoxed face ... she'd actually had so much botox that she SAID how she was feeling rather than expressing it on her face 'I am so happy about that right now' 'I'm really feeling very upset right now' all the while looking like a wax work of herself. Throughout the four hours or so we watched she ate one tiny scrap of food (even though other people on the show ate o more than one occasion) and the rest of the time had a giant beverage in her hand, mostly Starbucks. She looked amazing as well, although some people were a bit disturbed by the visible bones in the middle of her chest. So I'm feeling quite inspired to get back on the weightloss bandwagon now - always seems to happen when I see something so fashion centric. We all vowed at the time we were never going to eat again but since we were shovelling Mexican food into our mouths at the time and I started off this morning with a sausage/egg muffin I don't think I need to worry about eating disorders just yet.

No comments: