Thursday 26 June 2008

Like a person, but better

Today I woke up sore from yoga yesterday. Yesterday's yoga was in preparation for the fact that Carleigh was going to take me to a full on yoga class. As I hadn't done any yoga for a while and had never been to an Ashtanga class I thought I'd better have a go before humiliating myself in public. Turns out I needn't have bothered since everyone in the class was bascially elastic held together by rubber and I'm more fat and gristle held together by titanium and dodgy ligaments. Thought I did well all things considered and was absolutely pouring sweat within 2 seconds of the first salutation. I'm a big fan of jumping in at the deep end, think you learn faster and achieve more and the class was certainly that. Have been very stiff and suffering ever since but a hot bath and some delicate streching (and 4 G&T's) mean I'm feeling no pain. After class Carliegh got me a coconut water drink (which I have a funny feeling I could become obsessed with ... has the strangest taste and texture, amazing) and then bought me a sushi lunch in a place a couple pf blocks down fifth avenue. After that we rode the subway together and she dropped me off so I could go grocery shopping at Trader Joes. Headed home and was pleasently surprised to find the Saint in residence. we hung out, got groceries and then Carliegh came over for dinner. Dinner and drinks on the deck were followed by a quick blast of opera in the stairwell courtesy of Carleigh. Couple more drinks later and I'm ready for bed. Quite the day.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

You'll be bendy in no time!