Monday 16 August 2010

Highs and lows, lows and highs

Dinner at Doig's was lovely.  Delicious Mexican food, a cheers for Mary Doige and a selection of her favourite songs on in the background.  Here we are having a lovely time and eating Greg's Cointreau and cardamom crème brulees:


I realise that the major problem with taking photos for my blog is that I'm never actually in any of them.  Here my presence is represented by my four cans of red stripe near the candles!  After we went to the 2Brewers for a quick boogie on what turned out to be an exceptionally busy night for the place.  Sunday was pretty quiet due to substantial hangovers but I got the opportunity to go to Henry's office which is right on the Thames and his desk is on the 19th floor:


Quite the view isn't it!  After admiring the view we went to the new, and very good, Golden Day which we all really enjoyed (get the cumin beef) but thought was a bit pricey.  After we also went to a new gelato place in Soho called Gelupo.  Doig had been invited there with three friends to eat for free and boy did we ever!  Lucky it was free really because £6 seems a bit steep for an ice cream to me.  Admittedly a very good one mind.  spent the rest of the afternoon wandering through the sunshine, through Trafalgar Square, down the Mall, through St James' Park.  Really lovely.  Had the treatiest of all treats in the evening - Foxley was in town and I met him and his boyfriend Ethan for dinner.  Thought he was over on business but turns out they're on holiday - as we all know coming to London is the only sensible use of holiday time (although admittedly they were going to Paris too).  We topped and tailed the evening with drinks in the Blue Bar which was weird since not 3 hours previously I'd said to Faye 'considering I've never been at a place in my life where I would consider myself rich I've spent an inordinate amount of time in the Blue Bar'.  Hard not to really:


We had dinner at Cecconis with their friend Lauren who freelances for the New Yorker.  I tried not to explode with jealousy throughout dinner.  Tanquery Martinis before the meal, two bottles of champagne after - I was THOROUGHLY treated by the guys and had the loveliest evening.

I'd arranged to stay at Deborah's house that night and began making my (very drunken) way there in the small hours.  Managed to get as far as Clapham Junction then realised there was no night bus to Earlsfield!  Which meant I walked for about 50 minutes to get to Deborah's flat.  Guess I shouldn't have bothered in the end since she wouldn't let me in ... she got out of bed and answered the door bell but only to tell me to 'fuck off' and so I spent ANOTHER night sleeping under a bush somewhere.  SERIOUSLY disappointing.  I will not be speaking to her again.  I will also try to spend less of my life like a homeless person.  A homeless person wearing Valentino anyway.  

2 comments:

SaintTigerlily said...

Please put Blue Bar on the list of places we want to visit in April!

Anonymous said...

Stop being a coward and tell the truth. You did not ring my bell but you were shouting and banging my door down at 3:30 am, waking me up, waking up the neighbour above me and the neighbours next to me just because you wanted to get your own way! I take no bullying, you have to learn respect until then I do not want to see your ugly face again.

Also, remove my picture from your blog because I did not give you permission to take it in the first place nor to publish it on the Web. You better do this quickly unless you want a claim form served at your work place.