Thursday 20 August 2009

Home sweet home

Today marks the day I officially left London and moved back home with mum. Been living out of a bag for a couple of weeks so I'm really happy to be back with my stuff around me and my full wardrobe to choose from. I'm not Carrie Bradshaw but two weeks of washing two shirts and one gym outfit is more than one gay can be expected to stand.

Brittany had a friend to stay the last day I was also resident and this conversation took place:

Ruth: What does your dad do?
Brit: He's a salesman for AIG, has his own business and acts independantly
ME: (applause as I enter stage left) Wait, he's an independant financial adviser?
Brit: Yeah
Me: That's what I want to do for a living
Brit: Really? Dad's always asking if I have any friends who want to come and work for him. So I guess if you're willing to move to New Jersey you'd have a job.
Me: I am willing
Brit: No, seriously. If you're willing to live in New Jersey I will send him your CV. Actually, we're only about 30 mins from New York so you could live in the city.
Me: How have we known each other for 10 years and not had this conversation before?

So there we are ... CV has been submitted, everything is crossed. Just hoping her dad is till in the market for an employee.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

WHAT WHAT WHHHHAAAAAT?

I DIE.